2001 Ford F250 with ZF 6 Speed, Input Shaft WearMay 22, 2014 - Author: bartbarton - No Comments
I have a Ford F250 7.3Lt 2001 with the manual ZF S650 transmission.
Question: I need to rebuild my zf 6 speed and I have some questions. First is your bearing rebuild kit a complete rebuild kit? I’ve never seen one labeled as a bearing rebuild kit. Second I read that people are putting the 6.0 pilot bearing in mine failed again and I saw you have a repair kit but little information on what all it is which would you suggest? and if it matters I have a luk clutch and fly wheel but that also may change. My other question is my input shaft is terribly worn and also has a lot of play. I’d like to get a new one Chryo treated as well but do you have anything to fix the input shaft bearing and keep it from wearing out so easily?
Answer: We have see this problem a number of times the pilot bearing premature excessive wear or failure causing the input shaft
To wear at a rapid rate. Below is a list of item we can provide that you may want to purchase in order to overhaul the ZF S650 transmission.
- Bearing Kit with Syncro Rings your cost $637.87. This kit includes all major bearings, gaskets, seals and syncro rings
- Needle Bearing Kit your cost $134.94, may not be required, generally reused unless transmission has been run dry.
- Input Shaft your cost $165.00
- Cryo Treating for Input Shaft $80.00
- Pilot Bearing Saver Kit your cost $59.95
The new pilot bearing kit will stop this failure mode.
Plus S&H. If you need additional information give Scott a call at 888-824-2012 he can help you.
Categories: ZF S650 Chevrolet GM