Automatic to Manual Conversion Kit 2003 DodgeSeptember 2, 2014 - Author: bartbarton - No Comments
I have a Dodge 2 ton diesel with the 5.9HO 2WD
Question: I am interested in what a transmission conversion kit for my dodge would cost? I want to change out my 48RE for a NV4500. Also, I would like advice on what upgrades to the transmission would be needed for it to hold 500 / 600HP reliably on a daily driver.
We can provide a kit for this conversion, the transmission will have a larger input shaft, cryo treated parts with upgraded clutch to handle the horsepower. You will need the following part for your automatic to manual transmission:
- New NV4500 our part number MTCRY016N-1K your cost outright $1900.00 no core required
- Bell Housing your cost $340.00
- Clutch & Flywheel with 1.375” input your cost $799.00
- Slip Yoke your cost $125.00
- Master and Slav3e cylinder your cost $299.00
- Shift Stub and Stick your cost is $125.00
- Plus S&H
We can also increase strength of the transmission by Cryo treating components:
- Cluster gear 24LBS
- 3RD Gear 4.10LBS
- Input Shaft 6LBS
- 5TH Main Shaft Gear 1.4LBS
- Total of 32LBS so $320 to cryo treat
You will have to modify your driveshaft.
You should be able to sell your 48RE automatic on Ebay.
For more information or to discuss technical aspects of this conversion give Scott a call 888-824-2012 he can help you. For additional parts we can provide for the NV4500 see our site.
Categories: Conversion Projects