NP241 Transfer Case Slipping ProblemApril 17, 2014 - Author: bartbarton - No Comments
I have a Dodge 2500 2001 with the 5.9L Diesel.
Question: I have a 241DHD transfer case and the parts that I believe that need to be replaced is the syncro sleeve, syncro block(brass part), and any part the sleeve goes over and any thrust washers. What is going on is the transfer case is slipping. It does not seem to be fully engaging into 4wd. I have had it apart and replaced the fork pads and a broken snap ring, but it still slips. Do you have any suggestions what it may be? I am ready to order some parts or get it rebuilt.
Answer: We can provide all of the parts needed to repair the shift schryo problem. Below we have listed the parts we believe necessary to fix this issue. Including the slider, brass ring and the syncro dog and key kit. We have also included the drive gear that you probably need. Once you have the unit open look at the engagement teeth and make sure yours are ok and not damaged:
- Mode Synchro (60T) (Dodge including NP241DHD) part number MWTNP4746139 your cost is $28.00
- Key & Spring Kit (60T) (Dodge including NP241DHD) part number TRS331843A-2K your cost is $16.95
- Mode Slider (60T NP 241DHD) part number MWTNP17773 your cost is $121.66
- Mode Drive Sprocket (1 3/8 inch wide (NP241DHD) part number TRS352805A your cost $130.25
- Gasket & Seal Kit if required your cost $34.00 plus S&H.
You can see the other parts that we can provide for your NP241 on our site.